Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Whither the Senate?

Michael Arcuri wins NY 24th district, hurray! My little yard signs on the lawn no doubt contributed to this win. Interestingly, Michael Sylvia, the libertarian candidate is a great guy and lives right across the river behind us, and came to our party last month with his wife, and he drew a respectable 1 percent of the vote. Nice guy, but I didn't vote for him. The 24th has been republican for years, and the rep. retired this year, and I bet my parents wish that me and my wife and our yard signs hadn't moved into their district.....
For a bigger surprise, our old state of New Hampshire turned out BOTH Republican incumbent congressmen. NH probably hasn't had democrats in congress, maybe ever? The republicans generally could put up a moose with 3 legs and half a rack and win in NH, so that was huge.

SOOOO, maybe George is a King Without a Crown (thanks Matisyahu, for tunes o' the day)

No comments: