Wednesday, November 08, 2006

the business of CUTE

Feeling all jingly-jangly this morning. Up at 4:22 because the cat overate and was horking it up..then election news and such. So, simultaneouslyy exhausted and over-stimulated, made a delicious double espresso and sat down to make some puppies on a pedestal. In the front you can see some fired puppies with their mamas, and then what I have been fiddling with this morning. Nothing calms more than making puppies, very zen or something. It is actually a sugar bowl, in back, as 99% or more of what I make, even sculptures, is functional. Fact of the matter is, my customers like CUTE. Not schmaltzy and cutesy like Hummel figurines, but cute like Charles Schultz making Snoopy and Charlie Brown. You know, simple, unsentimental, that sort of thing.

5 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

Nothing like a cat vomiting to make one jump out of REM sleep...

Anonymous said...

Phew, yeah, and I dreamt I was a soccer star, not an everyday thing.

The Internationalist said...

Congratulations on your country's political victory. I hear these things on RFI which has a tendency to be a little overly optimistic. Because I know about the optimism, I wasn't sure what to think. But lo and behold: it is true. I hope the Dems take the Senate too. I hear that's even more important than the House.

gary rith said...

Waiting, Marian, for word on the senate, biting my nails down to the quick...glad it doesn't take marching in the street and tear gas, as you have seen lately in Budapest.
Thanks for stopping in!

Anonymous said...

if any other country had the corrupt bush administration in their country, they would have stormed the white house long ago.