Thursday, November 30, 2006

2 pounds of coffee


Bruce gave me a good order and I delivered it yesterday. Simply:'two jars with hippos, each to hold a pound of coffee'. His office is covered with toys, mostly little cars, but hippos too, an obsession of his wife's, although he says she is getting tired of them. I love pigs, but have seen what happens: 'all I said was I liked owls, and people just started giving them to me and now I have 500. I didn't WANT any!'
My business, of course, is making the little dustcatcher-collectibles that people don't realize they need. Repeat customers welcomed.

4 comments:

Lynnea said...

Ok love these. This is a great application for those wonderful hippos. :-)

gary rith said...

Thanks Maggie, people are all into hippos these days.

Lynnea said...

Isn't that hilarious? Two years ago when we were doing the nursery for our twins, I decided to go with hippos because you didn't see much of them. But then they started showing up everywhere!

gary rith said...

You know Maggie, I clearly found that for me 2004 was the year of the pigs, 2005 was the year of the elephant, and despite myself heading in the direction of zebras for late 2006, it looks like people want hippos in 2007. I am limited in my sculptural abilities, but hippos are something I find easy to do, and they have such expressive and funny mouths.