Monday, November 20, 2006

I will not bask in the fame, OH NO, but soldier on



My readership demands updates. The fresh, the new, the promised order. Chrissy wrote earlier asking about that guinea pig order, remember Mr Pig? And Mr Pig's owner wrote also. Ahem, I am usually pretty quick about orders, but ahem, cough, this is a weird order. You will note in the picture above that there is a dog and a squid at the bottom of this mug. Let me explain 2 things:
1) that is not a squid, that is a guinea pig, as best as I can make one, and Rudy, the happy pet owner's dog, who is part boxer I think and
2) I am not the first person to put animals at the bottom of cups, but it is a fun way to amuse your guests, although as everyone here has noticed, I usually put the animals up on the cup's handle
The reason this order is delayed, overall, is the 3 different mugs requested. 1) guinea pig, boxer mix CHECK, 2) black lab and golden retriever CHECK 3) chocolate lab......oops, small problem. This is the tricky part of orders. The chocolate lab wasn't brown enough in my eyes, sigh, so I have made 2 more now firing, so hopefully they will be brown enough and they will make the customer and pet owner happy now I need to drink my COFFEE and make more zebras and save the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the idea of the little critters at the bottom of the mug. What a great surprise for those unsuspecting guests! :) Great work Gary.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I leave it to the new owners of this mug to explain that the squid is actually Mr Pig.

Anonymous said...

Why is he wearing goggles? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Googly eyes, darnit all, and a little nosey.....

Anonymous said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

The little nosey, barely seen, is pink. Just like Mr Pigs.