Wednesday, November 08, 2006

a bunch of green beans or some cookies

That is what this crazy little lidded pot could hold, and now that we know what we can do with it: it is admittedly, as I have said all along, an example of throwing in every idea but the kitchen sink. It turned out perfectly, a smiling little zebra, swirly purple glazes, little columns. OK, the measure of success is not making something, but making it again and again, and you can see I am excited and already making more lidded pots and columns, but there will be some evolution too. I think a more swirly lid is possible, also a taller pot with more zebras.

12 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

Hmmm. A zebra paired with short corinthian columns... (if they even ARE corinthian)---it seems like the zebra is trying to jump very fast through the lid of that pot, to get away from something hot or scary.

So, I suggest zebra stew.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I had the same thought! (Although I was actually thinking the back end of the zebra :-S)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just wow.

Anonymous said...

cm and Susan are not my friends anymore but GORDO IS MY NEW BEST FRIEND and there is a twenty dollar bill on its way to your house, by way of thanks, gordo.

Lucia said...

I'm loving these happy big mouth zebras.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lucia. Fact of he matter is, I want to make MORE MORE MORE!

Anonymous said...

i agree with gordo...so can i be your new best friend and have a twenty bill, too.

Anonymous said...

Old best friends, Big D, can have a 20, but make sure you lay it on extra thick.

Anonymous said...

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!! JUST WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!

Anonymous said...

How about paypal, Big D, with a five dollar tip? Ten if you stop in tomorrow and say something else is nice?

Anonymous said...

Geez, I wish now I'd read these comments before I posted on the other one. Guess I'll have to find a new hangout. :-(

gary rith said...

cm, you can stick around, but it is suggested that ultra-complimentary comments are best, and profitable!