Saturday, November 25, 2006

Kingston, Ontario, Canada's HOT SPOT


(wiki piccy)
So, our traveling potter and his business manager hit the road, to Kingston, Ontario to (wink wink, nudge nudge) deliver pottery 'gifts' to his friends in Canada. Noooo, I am not setting up business across the border, just taking my friends some gifts, yeah, that's the ticket.
Well, last time I was north of Watertown, New York I was along the St Lawrence digging worms with my sister, at the St Regis Mohawk reservation. Long story short, she is a biologist, and one way to examine contaminated soil is to investigate the worms that live in the soil.....OK, that isn't what we were doing today though.
There was a meeting of all these FANTASTIC bloggers like Alan and Gordo and cool Greg who needs to start a fine wood-working blog, and a variety of excellent children and spouses too at the Kingston brewpub. Sean was missed. Now, we live in a great city, but I don't know why all of Canada doesn't move to Kingston, it is that awesome, and the locals tell me it is a balmy 60 degrees or warmer every day of the year.

8 comments:

Muad'Dib said...

People brought their kids?? Had I known this I may have pondered the possibility of suffering the remainder of the day in Ktown.. grumble. We left teh house for one hour, then I became concerned at the plethora of bees swooping over my head, the missing Epipen and lack of a car and we skedaddled in to watch tv and yearn for Brewpub ale and a lamb burger.. :(

Muad'Dib said...

60 Degrees!?! Oh you are talking farenheit.. got me worried there.

Anonymous said...

Sean, you made up for it. I dreamt of you all night. Gonna blog it up there.

Anonymous said...

I thought I had explained the kids part to you, Sean? Jeez.

Mission accomplished, Gary. The "items" are snuggled in a safe place at home. :-)

gary rith said...

Well, all the kids were very good, 2 more would have been fun too.

Anonymous said...

Three counting Sean .. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Next time when the 'gifts' are not for her, I'll have to make sure 'zette and her 3 little ones are along too!

hmm does this mean we're getting to be the size of a gaggle?

Anonymous said...

No doubt the brew pub has a large party room upstairs and there can be tables for younger kids and tables for the many other happy bloggers and pottery owners. Yes, Greg, we need to meet your gang next, sean also.