Friday, November 24, 2006

FIRE UPDATE



Some people, not me, have good memories. My cousin Christina asked recently about Cognoscentea, pictured here before it BURNED down late in the summer. Well, a week ago I bumped into the owner, who remembered she owes me a few bucks for sales prior to the fire, and she said she had my pots. Fires are serious things, and I figured my inventory was lost. OK, here is the story.
So, I had been in the window of this gallery and teashop last summer. There was a fire in late September, and investigators are thinking it was faulty wiring. Nobody was hurt, and it could have been worse all around. BUT the shop was destroyed, my pottery in the center. Apparently, my pots survived just fine, and a professional cleaner of some kind wiped them down and polished them, good as new. One elephant creamer leg broke, and one lid for a sugar bowl broke. That's it! The stuff is totally crisp and fresh, totally clean and ready to use. Basically, the fire was not nearly as hot as a 2200 glaze firing, so once the debris and soot were cleared, those pots were good as new. Lucky me! I had at least 500 bucks worth of stuff there.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool ... Can we call you Phoenix, then? ;-)