Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Special Bonus Tunes o' the day from Charlie Brown


(a yellow dotted bowl I made with two spotted dogs)
I have heard that 'The Charlie Brown Christmas Special' is on CBS at 8 in America this evening. No TV in this house, but somebody put the whole thing on youtube, and here is a short clip from the end (the added text is a little preachy).
Well, let's talk Charles Schultz, Snoopy and me. Charles Schultz was a creative but modest person, and what he drew was deceptively simple. What this potter and sculptor has learned is the amount of expression you convey with a line and a dot, small details that give something character. I love Snoopy, and I think this program is my favorite of all.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

fantastic bowl. mr. schultz would be most impressed, i'm sure.

Anonymous said...

You may need an extra long stocking for Santa to fill, Big D

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget "woodstock"! Man what that bird can say in a look ;)I think he's my fave character.. ohoh.. and pigpen.. and.. and..

Anonymous said...

Would you say Woodstock is the free spirit?

Anonymous said...

like.. totally mannnnnn

Susan as Herself said...

I am on a friend's computer, so I can comment---YAY!!!!

I like the Charlie Brown Christmas show also---but my all time favorite is "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with the felt and clay-type animation---and my favorite character is Yukon Conelius. :)

Susan as Herself said...

Er, I mean CORnelius.

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember the first time I watched Rudolf. The Snowmonster scared the crap out of me ... Whew, he was scary for a 5-year-old.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, the guy with the big teeth i think it was. But that old-fashioned black and white 'Scrooge' movie, those chains, all the rest, SPOOKY! I love that story, as good as the movies are, the book, of course, is far better.

Alan said...

Charlie Brown is the only Christmas show we ever watched and it was good - though I always think it is highly edited to make the time frame.

Anonymous said...

Charlie Brown is such a Gen X program....the angst, the scraggly tree, and it came out around 67, just as we were dreaming of our own overstuffed stockings.

GenX at 40 said...

Is there a Complete Charlie Brown book to be had anywhere at any cost?

gary rith said...

I had one from the library, the Christmas special that is, and own a couple of Charles Schultz peanuts treasuries.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen one, but I thikn I'm going to order the Complete Calvin & Hobbes for myself for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Alan, there is.

Anonymous said...

I hope Santa is good to gordo and Alan....