Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Me and my cup of Earl Grey tea.....




.....were sitting there this morning working on a bunch of teapots and teacups (oh yes, much to post about there, later), but there remains this nagging question of cow creamers. This issue was mentioned a couple of days ago, and has been rattling around in my brain since. The wife says I can make a nice creamer like the white manufactured cow here, so maybe I can? Naturally I don't want to replicate it. So, this lightbulb upside down shape made yesterday is turned sideways, cut, chopped, skewered and added to, and this little cow creamer results. Yes, there is a complete udder below (BONUS!) and it will be black and white spotted and also, yes, it pours out the cows mouth.
Time for my peanut butter sandwich.

13 comments:

Lynnea said...

Your cow creamer is waaaay better than the run of the mill one on the left! I've seen those around, some people collect them. At first I pictured the cow creamer you made as a big red bull like you would see in the cartoons as a kid. Can't wait to see it in full black and white spotted regalia.

gary rith said...

my goodness, you're a nice person, thank you!

Anonymous said...

The Googly Period continues ... That's great!

Anonymous said...

No fair! I had to do without my Earl Grey this morning and have Raspberry Royale instead. :-(

Nice creamer, though.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel, gordo, about this creamer.
I think, cm, I am about to have MORE Earl Grey.

Anonymous said...

Gary, I guess you might not want to be pigeon-holed into goofball pieces. Not much room for "serious" work, then.

The Internationalist said...

That's a great cow. Incidentally, I was reading Alan's site and am amazed and impressed by how much you know about whiskey/whisky. Where did you learn all that?

gary rith said...

Marian at Internationalist: there has been direct research, and we have many books.
Gordo, have been working on serious teapots this am, pictured above. Oh no, I cannot be pigeonholed...

Anonymous said...

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! what a great udder delight! I love the look on the face(kinda reminds me of .. well me!)

Keep up the beeeootiful bovines!

gary rith said...

well, people sure do like cows. I forgot but I make a nice sgar bowl to match, mugs and teapots and vases too....

GenX at 40 said...

I can pigeonhole you - you are a sooth moother and everyone knows it.

Anonymous said...

I be guessin' one be needin' to git oot and aboot more to know that Alan ;)

gary rith said...

It is his inner Scot. Do you have one too, greg?