Thursday, November 09, 2006

GROCERIES and GOD

So, a call comes in and you say 'Thank you God, I can buy groceries and catfood'. I just got an order for hundreds of banks, cash. I make elephant banks, doggy banks, bunny banks and several others, but piggies remain the most popular. This is some of everything. Generally, as you know, I like to make WHATEVER, but sometimes it is nice to have a set thing, you know? Speaking of which, I have been fiddling with zebra pots all morning, and plan to fiddle with them all afternoon. They are the opposite of hand-made mass production (I make banks on auto-pilot) where you are jiggling little teeth and zebra ears into place and suddenly the morning is gone and you have to do some laundry and take the dogs out.

Time for some sweet tunes, how about 311 and 'Amber'. Listen, I don't know where these guys are hanging out, but i want to go there with my dogs and wife in her little purple swimsuit and play frisbee and roast tofu pups and play ping pong with the band and......

2 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

That's good news!!!

And I just LOVE how the cork is in the pig's snout!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you. I made my first piggy banks in Chicago around 1989, and they have eveolved somewhat, but I have made thousands since then. Nothing sells easier than: a piggy bank or a bowl.