Monday, July 28, 2008

a petite story or two

Notice I am in a wild mood lately???? Is the moon full, Mercury twisting into retrograde????
My pal fondofsnape had a piece about meeting up with old lovers (and she met hers in a dream in a classroom and gave them FAILING grades mostly) but it is an intriguing idea: what is it like to meet your exes? To which I say:

I don’t want to bump into any old girlfriends. The only exceptions being, and this of course was entirely innocent, my girlpals when I was a pre-schooler and a kindergartner. When I was 3 and Eva was 4 we were neighbors and palled around until she moved from Iowa to Maryland and I moved from Iowa to New York, but then 17 years later, if you can believe it, we ended up at the same tiny Vermont college together (our names are both unique, so it was easy to reunite). But then she got married to a dipsh!t and had a baby and then divorced and….lost track of her.
Sally was my pal when we were each 5. Her parents and mine are still friends, but we havn’t seen each other since we were 18, and then she married a dipsh!t and had 2 kids, made a million bucks then got divorced…..
ANYWAY, wonder what’s in the fridge for lunch…..

6 comments:

Janet said...

dipsh!ts...I can relate, hence the failing grades!

Anonymous said...

I married a dipsh!t once or twice hahaha! Then I got lucky! This one's a keeper.

Now - speaking of old lovers. There's a couple I wouldn't mind viewing from afar. ;)

Anonymous said...

heyyy.. what IS in your fridge ;)

gotta get some pics of some bowls I have this week... ;)

Alive and living...

Susan as Herself said...

Wow. Scandalous liaisons with loonies and lunch all in one post. Now that's livin'!

Anonymous said...

I notice it is the girls who are okay and the guys are the jerks. Coincidence? Perhaps not...

I admit, I don't dream about exes, because I have the best NOW! :)

gary rith said...

so few of us guys are perfect, you know