Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spike: Ginger or Maryann?


Spike passed this email question on to me, a rare moment when he conceded that I had more experience.
This is one of those questions that me and my kindergarten friends wondered about a lot, back in the late 1960s. There is an answer, believe it or not, and here is the formula:
Who did you identify with, yourself? If you thought of yourself as the Captain, you were a Ginger guy. If you liked Gilligan better, you were definately more for Maryann. The Professor was a bit trickier, but generally more associated with Ginger.
I, of course, was a Gilligan type, and therefore hot for Maryann. I remember, and I was 5 you know, looking for her at the store and the library, wondering if we would bump into her at the checkout.

9 comments:

Latin Lupe Lu said...

GR - I watched Gilligan's Island everyday faithfully after school. Of course I wanted to be more like Ginger but didn't have the hots for either. Having married "The Professor", I guess subconsciously I had the hots for the Professor. Although, I like a man who can make me laugh and Gilligan sure did that.

Gordo said...

Yep, after school re-runs for me as well.

Gilligan. Definitely Gilligan. ;-)

gary rith said...

Gord, you're so practical and handy and smart, I had you figured for a professor type? But then there's the geek part, I guess, providing a Gilliganish aspect...
and wow! 3L did marry The Professor, so she is approx. 2/3 Ginger, 1/3 Maryann give or take a third.

Anonymous said...

I think I waffled between both of them.. cause both were HOT & single! In the end I stuck with Maryann as she was more "attainable" ;)

cm said...

I like to think I'm Ginger* but in the end I'm really Maryann.

* I had a friend who signed his emails "Ry". I signed back once with "Ginger", and he thought that made him Gilligan. He wasn't very bright. Which I suppose does make him Gilligan.

Anonymous said...

Greg, you are definately a Captain and Ginger type, and CM, maybe you're Maryann to Celeste's Ginger?

Fortune Cookies said...

I was always hot for MaryAnne too! I think it's 'cause I grew up in the south...

Nancy L.K. Boyce said...

Mrs. Howell was my favorite lady on the island- but it wasn't a "crush" thing.

Anonymous said...

mr and Mrs Howell were pretty funny