Monday, July 21, 2008

alright already: blueberry cake


A variety of people have insisted today that I share my blueberry cake recipe. You can see that it looks superb, and believe me, it tastes even better.
This recipe was in the Boston paper a few years ago and is very reliable. I use frozen raspberries all winter, and that is a tasty variation.
I don't use the bundt pan they suggest, but instead use my big flat lasagne pan, pour in the batter to about 1 1/2 inch thick, then it bakes to golden brown in about 30-40 minutes. Instead of butter I use a vegetable oil margerine spread. Perfect!

10 comments:

Ellen said...

Thanks for the recipe! We have about six or seven large blueberry bushes in the back yard and I am trying to pick at least a pint a day, so we get more than the birds....the raspberries are gone already. I LOVE summer! You should see my cucumber vines! LOADED!

Reb said...

Gary, that is an ingenious way to post a recipe!

Gordo said...

Hmm ... I think I'll print this and take it to the cottage tomorrow. My bees have very kindly ensured a bumper crop of raspberries. :-)

gary rith said...

the recipe is huge--takes us four days to finish eating it all

Anonymous said...

I'll be off to the store this morning - this sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

We'll be right over. Because we simply can't allow you to eat stale blueberry cake!

With my boys, that recipe would make one dessert. MAYBE SuperDad would be lucky enough to have a piece in his lunch the next day.

And I love the name.

Must. Make. Soon.
YUM!!!

gary rith said...

sure, 4 boys and a husband? I have no doubt they would vacuum this up----
I like simple recipes that turn out nicely every time

Mona Buonanotte said...

Mmm...I have to make a cake this week for the boss's birthday...this one will surely get me a raise!

The photo has me drooling....

Janet said...

that sounds delicious! I've got lots of blueberries to use up, now if it would just cool off outside...

gary rith said...

Mona drooling!