Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spike the cat movie reviews: Jane Austen


Spike asked me to help him type this:
"'Northanger Abbey', Jane Austen's last novel published, but the first she wrote.
I dunno, some people, for example women like the one I live with, eat this stuff up with a spoon: the castles, the gentlemen on horses, the little dances and tea parties. The guy I live with seems to like the costumes, with the heaving bosoms. I don't get it. Big yeawn!
This movie was more of the same country houses and young heroines and heroes, and I admit at first all the scheming was dull and irritating. Luckily the plot moves on to murder and intrigue, and I enjoyed myself quite a bit in the end. I'd say 7 little toes out 10."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Spike...being a woman myself, I have to agree with woman you live with. It's all so very romantic, don't you think?

(you are romantic, aren't you spike???)

Anonymous said...

welllll....

Anonymous said...

Cleopatra wants to know if Spike sits on his humans' laps during these movies?

gary rith said...

nose to nose with the screen, between us!!!!!!