Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh Canada: my new hat!


(Jack looking sharp in his, I mean MY, new hat.)
Jack is our oldest dog and has been with us since he was born in our friend's and neighbor's kitchen. He is, of the 4 dogs we have had, the only one who is not a stray, and he is a registered larador retriever. He has epilepsy, but it has not been much trouble throughout his life. He turns 13 next month. He was diagnosed with cancer in November, and he is dying, but you can see that he is still a sweet and happy and patient and fun dog (when he is no longer happy, things will change).
Anyway, he is obviously a Canadian water dog.
I found this hat on the sidewalk yesterday, and it was still there later in the day, so it is MINE now. Brand new, probably the first day it was worn out of the house, but now it is MINE (after a scrubbing and wash etc). My Canadian friends will be so pleased to see how much I love them.

7 comments:

Mona Buonanotte said...

Does Jack bark out the Canadian National Anthem? "O Canada, our home and native laaaaand...."

Gordo said...

Excellent hat, Gary and Jack's looking great.

Tink said...

Found freebies are the best. I found a brand new pair of men's sunglasses in a bush not that long ago. They were in perfect condition AND they looked awesome on Hoop.

gary rith said...

brand new except for all the clay I got on it!

Reb said...

Wow, he looks so dashing in that hat, are you sure he will let you have it back? ;)

Susan as Herself said...

I love labs. The first dog I remember was a black lab. Handsome.

Latin Lupe Lu said...

GR - Lupe is our not registered black lab mix. She is 11 and I will be sad when she goes. I hope that Jack lives every day to the fullest - you can tell he is loved so it shouldn't be a problem... Love the hat!