Thursday, July 10, 2008

a crateload of dishes for kcinnova



(pots by Gary Rith)
OK, finally ready to ship plates and bowls to Kcinnova (pictured above, minus the mugs) and although they stack into little piles, with bubble wrap and all the rest they take up a LOT of space. I found this huge box, and it is filled with six smaller packed boxes....hopefully:
a) UPS will take it and
b) it travels safely
It isn't as heavy as you would imagine, but it just seems huge. The first estimate on shipping was 173 bucks! I would walk it 3 days and keep the money instead! But a more accurate estimate is 30 something, and I hope that is true.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited I can hardly sit still!!
But that 2nd estimate had better be right! (sweating bullets)
With the first estimate, I'd have to get back in the car and drive there myself to pick them up!
...wait, did you say it would only take you 3 days to walk here?!?

cm said...

I love how Penny is standing guard on the box.

So, kcinnova, what time's supper?

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I'm not very good about getting supper on the table on time...SuperDad likes it to be ready when he comes home. Last night that was 7:30ish. I could do that! 6:30pm is a little harder to pull off.
I'll take photos when it all arrives!!

Gordo said...

Shipping rates are insane. It cost me $8 to mail a CD to Lou in Ireland!

Those dishes are amazing, Gary. I can't wait for my mugs. :-)

gary rith said...

This is one of those things you are relieved to say goodbye to. I was worried that the box was too big!
My buddy Gord, just north of us in Ontario, gets the dozen mugs here. We visit him, plus the rest of the Ontario friends, July 19.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

WOW! A whole new place set! Hand crafted! Whoo-hoo for kcinnova!