Monday, September 04, 2006

urgent: feels like cold as ice

http://music.aol.com/artist/foreigner/4296/video
(look at the music samples, videos down the page a bit)
I didn't like Foreigner when I was in high school, and when the radio puts them on I still don't like them. A wee twinge of nostalgia, but more so with Rush and REO Speedwagon which make me feel mushy and I didn't like them then, now I can remember them fondly. So, meeting friends at the NY State Fair, at the free Foreigner concert.....

You know, they were fantastic. Some live bands sound awful on stage but these guys were perfect, if you like Foreigner, but yesterday everybody could enjoy them. An elderly black man standing next to me getting bar-b-q said 'man, they sound terrific'. Whic was true. They did themselves to perfection, no doubt because they have been doing these songs for 30 years and know them well. They don't look young, and are likely pushing 60, but looked healthy and happy, and man, what a drum solo. I loved it.

No comments: