Thursday, September 21, 2006

I think it is the autumnal equinox today. Halfway to dark!

http://www.ghostofaflea.com/

OK, Ghost of a Flea runs a pretty cool site, lotsa interesting news and music too. He posted this Wednesday, it is so darn cool. Sort of an 80s Tears for Fears (or who did that tune back then with the words ‘lips like sugar, sugar kisses...’ was that Depeche Mode? Wet Noodle prize to the person who fills me in) tune with an extremely funny video. The band is Soviet, ‘Candy Girl’ is the tune of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2IKk4njVM


So, OK, I had an email from aspiring potter Jack down in New York city, back to handles. Here is a picture of some handles I have been messing with for a couple of weeks. The cup has parallel ridge lines going down the handle. Then there is the same handle, but whacked, then super extra whacked 3 times and of course, as I have said recently, wavey texture down the handle is newest. Jack, sorry, I can’t tell you more about how I make them, but I have to say it is fun and new territory. I mean, there is so much you can do to a pot, why not the handle too? Remember too that handles show a lot of texture under certain glazes, so choose wisely.
Making today, BOTTLES! Or vases, I should say, 4 or 5 variations of the same thing.

Then there is that dream Tuesday night. I dreamt I was hanging out with that bounty hunter Dog and his family, learning the tricks of the trade. Woke up then back to the next chapter of bounty hunting...over and over again. I wish I could say I learned a lot but actually I just woke up feeling like I had been running around all night. Last night I was dreaming about a child I taught in Chicago. He was blind and multi-handicapped (and remarkably good-natured and cheerful despite that) and that he was seriously starting to walk and then dreamed later that the woman across the street who is due to have a baby this month contracted to build us a roof deck. She was pretty nimble and capable for a person with a jumbo watermelon strapped to her belly.
ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN! I WIN THE WET NOODLE PRIZE!

No comments: