Thursday, September 07, 2006

The mother-in-law descends....



I have the best mother-in-law. She comes today, and Thai food sounds like the dinner of choice. Although of grandmotherly age, obviously, she is very active, travels all over the world, taught until she was in her 70s, and swims an hour every day. She is a Cornellian, almost 55 years an alum, and suggested several years ago we should move here. My own parents said much the same, and here we are.

Dreaming last night: back to college, arranging my senior show, BUT with pots made this summer. A very slick presentation.

My old friend and football buddy Davis from Portland, Oregon writes:
'what happened to that sugar bowl you were working on for Sharon Arts Center?'
My readers are alert and keeping me honest. Although the firing a couple days ago had a couple piggy banks whose glaze ran (sand the bottoms a bit, give them to visitors to the studio) everything else was perfect, including our friend the little sugar bowl. Here it is on the left, in a line up, with the original also pictured.

No comments: