Sunday, September 17, 2006

Fire


Not at our house thank goodness, and I don't think anybody has been hurt.

OK, a year ago I was featured in the window of a gallery, and a truck plowed through the window, destroying my works and another artist's work. I have been featured in the window for a few weeks at CognoscenTea, State St Ithaca. I got a call that the place burned up. I just went over and took a look. The good news is that the building will probably be OK, and the store itself can probably be reworked. I have not heard of any injuries. The store is very dark with smoke and water damage, but appears to me that the middle area, tables and displays and thousands of dollars worth of merchandise is burned and charred. I would be surprised if any of my work survived, hundreds of dollars of stuff, and I don't know what sort of insurance (not mine) will pay me back. I was going to deliver some nice things this week too.....

I wonder if I am bad luck when stores feature my work in their window?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Do we have your work in any of our windows?

GenX at 40 said...

Drag. I have removed your works to the back law in the meantime. That coffee mug does keep things alarmingly hot, now that I think of it.

Anonymous said...

As my instructor Jane said in college: 'make more!'
and so I shall.

Anonymous said...

Good lord. I may have to rethink the pots, especially as mom doesn't have house insurance.

Anonymous said...

But wait...mr's comment specifies 'windows'. Perhaps that's the secret? Keep them out of windows. May be tricky with plant pots, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

Anonymous said...

Gawd, I am actually very GOOD LUCK, and my pots are too, as long as I am not featured in a gallery window. I bet the next gallery has some sort of alien abduction disaster....

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Avoid galleries with gr's work in the window. Unless it can be guaranteed that Mulder will be investigating the alien abduction.