Friday, September 01, 2006

gettin' crazy with the cheese whiz


http://music.aol.com/artist/beck/43291/main#
Beck is the man. If you are are a small person, not neccessarily pumped up, pierced or tattooed, hip in a nerdy, intellectual and sensitive way, Beck is your hero. Chicks dig this guy, who is the opposite of the usual rock star persona. Like I say, maybe he looked at the Beastie Boys and created his own star persona, which is how to succeed without seeming to try. Musically, he may be a genius.
The horoscope today says:
Quickie: Do what you feel like doing, especially if it is something you've been putting off
The problem is twofold--I HAVE been doing what I want for a couple of days, including no work, and I have been putting off serious work and a trip to the dump and store and working for the newspaper next door. Full plate today, and I need to throw a rack of mugs and pigs too.
Let’s talk about flower pots first. Danielle in Ohio writes: ‘if you are a potter, why don’t you make pots? As in flower pots?’ Well, I do actually. Some people specialize in them, I usually make a bunch in April and May for spring gardeners. These 3 babies are a special order for cm, who understands the artistic personality. I don’t do well with orders, preferring to make whatever I feel like. cm was a perfect customer and she said: ‘I need a group of 3 flower pots, frogs, cat and bunny. Make them as you wish and glaze them as you wish.’ Perfect. I don’t like customers getting in the way of my work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the 'Devils Haircut' video.
Oh, I dreamt last night that I was touring Ithaca with my parents until a small child punched me. I will avoid children today.

Anonymous said...

So nice when my indecisiveness comes in handy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that what it was? Hope I didn't blow any Christmas surprises....

Anonymous said...

i remember the last time you visited (which i hope you will do again soon) i mentioned a certain person likes flowers thinking, er, hoping you would show up with a flower pot, but you brought flowers instead. they were lovely flowers and very much appreciated but, well, they weren't a gr creation. anyway, i laughed internally, thinking, well, it was close.