Monday, September 25, 2006

2 guest artists: I'm not worthy!

Let’s have some different tunes o’ the day and stop talking about cheerleaders.

http://www.myspace.com/afrocelts

Afro Celt Sound System is a good and mellow listen this am. Enjoy!
So, I am making a rack of this and that, which was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon, but let me backtrack. I had been looking at some absolutely awesome pots in ‘Ceramics Monthly’ by 2 different artists. My question was ‘do I make work that exciting? Is my style that cohesive?’. You must ask these questions of yourself. Stylistically, I can answer in part: pigs and cows, that is very me.

http://www.lynnsmiserbowers.com/ceramics/portfolio.html

http://www.indyarts.org/artist_detail.aspx?id=3119&ty=&lr=

These 2 potters work is absolutely awesome and perfect, for my tastes. Colorful, whimsical. Let me aspire to their level.
Whew, dreaming last night. For a person who had been slightly lactose intolerant, turning 40 has also meant becoming a lot more lactose intolerant. Cheese and ice cream are those big Everest size challenges, even with Lactaid. So, last night’s dream was about finding butter substitutes without trans fats. My life is so interesting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you that for my dreams, with old boyfriends and their old girlfriends and old houses and pizza delivery.

Anonymous said...

cm, that sounds like a nightmare, except for the pizza. One must be careful when looking for butter substitutes, as the good stuff can be next to the trans fatty stuff. Suddenly mealtime takes a whole lotta planning....

Anonymous said...

For me, the pizza was the worst part. I'm not that big a fan of it. I'd rather order Chinese.

Anonymous said...

Phew, man, I see what you mean. Some nice pots. We gotta dream big. One day maybe we can shine the shoes of potters like that.

Anonymous said...

The music was much mellower than I expected.

Anonymous said...

Yes, celeste, the music was a bit of a surprise. With Sinead they did a kickin' tune a few years back, which I havn't found. Do you consider Vanilla Ice Mellow? Or just a bad bad bad joke, and why did David Bowie Let him do that sample????