Monday, September 11, 2006

'The Game of Love'

9 11 06
I needed a resume, bio, and artist’s statement for the teapot competition. Therefore the blather at the side of the blog, introducing me.
OK, 9/11. I didn’t affect me directly, but I clearly remember that morning. The radio dj said a plane had flown into the World Trade Center, then tuning in to TV and watching the 2nd plow into the other building, then the people jumping as fires grew and then the buildings falling and later that day other buildings around the site coming down. My sister-in-law was in her office nearby, and watched the whole thing. Indirectly we were affected. A few months later the economy was down, Maude lost her job, things in our old neighborhood got really hairy, and now 5 years later the future looks so bright I gotta wear shades. It was a terrible plan, a terrible way for people to get injured or die, we are all lucky if we can live in peaceful times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9bju0OG8Q

I challenge anybody to not like this special video for today, from Carlos Santana and Michelle Branch, ‘The Game of Love’
I was having a bad spring a couple of years ago and found this sweet little single cd and video from Santana and his friends, with this rockin’ happy little tune. It made me feel some faith in humanity and it spreads good cheer everywhere. Santana and Eric Clapton can make a guitar sing, but Santana’s genius is in working with other young talents, like Rob Thomas, and young Michelle Branch here. His band is perfect, everybody here is swinging and kissing and loving and having fun. I don’t know who this singer is, but man, what a sweet voice.
Dreaming last night: some kind of entertaining James Bond type thing which included a trip to outer space.
On 9/11/01 I was sitting there making piggy banks, I had maybe 2 dozen to finish. It was such a nice day. It felt ironic to enjoy a nice sunny day finishing pigs.....
well today it is a triple busy day. Glaze stuff, finish stuff and make new stuff. I have a boatload of of other stuff to write about, but must get too work instead.

No comments: