Friday, September 29, 2006


On my way to Spirit and Kitsch very early this am. First, this. I have slips of paper all over the house, including lists of what I need to make next. Usually that is pretty routine, but sometimes I am trying a new shape or something. The red circled doodle was a foggy idea I had for a cup, but I didn’t know how I would make it, just how I wanted it to look. The photo shows how it worked out--I hacked, carved, trimmed and apparently did everything right because, by gaw, the doodle and the pot match, and I felt like I was in the dark about how to do that. Sometimes things work out, easily! Question is, can I repeat all those steps? I think this is a pleasing shape and will glaze nicely.
Oooph, dreamt last night that I was falsely accused by the police, but was glad I had Canadian friends in case I had to run.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were Mr Pig but this cup doesn't have a pig, and the note says flying pig?

Anonymous said...

I looked at the cup, Jessie, as I do, and asked what it needed. It needed nothing. As for flying pigs, I am thinking of making a little sculpture to put on the other hook on my birdfeeder, picture above. I asked the birdfeeder what it wanted, and it said 'flying pig'