Friday, September 22, 2006

achoooooo

Slow moving this am, I have been sooooo sick. Now MER is sick too. You know, sneezy and sniffly. At least we shall feel good this weekend, I go to the Yale game tomorrow afternoon. Gotta feel better for that. I managed to get a lot done yesterday, though, including these bottles, and a glaze firing too, opening today. I cleaned the litter box, but oh my, all the dishes in the sink....
So, looking at the picture below, let me explain. The flower vase on the left is one of the last pots made in New Hampshire, and it was one of a series. I get in the mood for certain things, and then make them for a few days. I gave MER some flowers the other day, which I should do more often as it makes her very happy, and used this vase. It has speckly celadon glaze, with blue and green blobbed on the rim and melting down, one of my favorite glaze combos. But I asked myself, ‘why don’t I make more of these every week?’. I am not much of a vase guy. I like bottles a little more. The difference in my mind is that bottles can be used as a flower vase, they are just a little more closed in. I especially like a nice fat and friendly tear drop shape, as you see pictured, and a wide lip allows for easy trimming. I couldn’t resist trying some textures and dots on the 2 far right pots. The left hand ones will be speckly celadon like the flower vase, the textured ones just super celadon, maybe with blue spots. I know, where are the piggies? I make some plain things sometimes, although my definition of plain is usually fairly flamboyant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you. Hope you're feeling better in time for the game. Yale, schmale. hee

Anonymous said...

That's right, Yale schmale. There will possibly be more Yale fans than Cornell fans. The weather looks pretty good though. I have so much to get done though........