Sunday, September 10, 2006

Chrissie says....

I had another email from Chrissie from St Johns this morning. Some people consider these pottery issues very carefully, it is true. She is, as I said, a big fan of coffee and Irish coffee, being Irish and all. Her point was a good one, in response to my post and picture below:
"you know, most Irish coffee cups are fairly small..." and some other points about them never having pigs on their handles.
Well, Chrissie, you have some good points. This mug got out of control in every way, and it is honking big. But that is the nature of creative experimentation: what happens if I....., and then I......., and try this too....
I am a very experimental potter, but nothing would be new in this world if we didn't try things. I don't know why Irish coffee mugs are usually smallish. BUT, nearly every pot is a little better with a pig, in my mind.
More on all of this controversy later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they are small because coffee is icky and really, you should leave it out altogether and just have the Irish.

gary rith said...

Well, it is after noon on a football Sunday....