Thursday, September 28, 2006

Spirit and Kitsch


http://www.spiritandkitsch.com/home.htm
Ha! Got a nice message this am that I am accepted as a member to an Ithaca arts cooperative called 'Spirit and Kitsch'. Perhaps you can see from the storefront, as I did, that this is a very good match for me. Members work there and sell there. I have been a self-employed recluse for almost 10 years, this marks a big and welcome change. They, ahem, will have to be careful about putting me in the window.
Speaking of which, I heard from CognoscenTea, which had a fire a couple weeks ago. They are trying to de-smoke my pots (????)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

de-smoke? You have to find out how they do that.

Anonymous said...

i was wondering the same thing. bleach? spic & span? de-ionizer machine?

anyway, CONGRATS on being a member. it looks like a really cool place.

a friend is up visiting from corning and she said ithaca is full of interesting artists. you obviously fit right in...

Anonymous said...

She had a fortune's worth of tea. Something tells me there is no way to desmoke that, if it didn't burn. Pots are pretty tough though, so I am looking forward to seeing and smelling the results.

Anonymous said...

Heh Gary...Congratulations, what a great place "Spirit and Kitsch" looks like. Didn't see you in the storefront unless that is you in the red chicken suit???

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have friends with a sense of humor? Thanks T and S!