Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Beyond the edges: KITTIE

Beyond the edges here. Listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcPBjT_c_rc&mode=related&search=

Kittie Brackish from "Spit"

and one more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WcveimnxUY

So, what if Korn was an all female band from Ontario? You might get Kittie. When I first heard them on the radio, the dj announced the single "‘Brackish’ by Kittie from the album ‘Spit’" which made me and the missus crack up. Hilarious! However, these young women are mad about something, and I wouldn’t want to mess with them. I am reminded of dance floors when I was in college, where tiny little women were slam dancing and whatnot and would knock over anyone nearby. So, put on a miniskirt and big black boots and form a band. Our roving Ontario reporter cm was assigned the task of getting the word on the street, so to speak. cm had not heard of Kittie. You mean they don’t hang out on weekends? Bump into each other at the coffee shop? This is surprising to all of us here, as she can head-bang with the best of them, so cm, maybe today we introduce you to something new. I heard that they toured with Slipknot in the past, which is beyond the edges of this blog, but these chicks rock.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe next time they come to TO, we'll go to the Kathedral.

Anonymous said...

The missus and I were chatting. We love rock videos, and they are so easy now to locate. BUT, it is also easy to see, on a day like this, that parents of small children may worry about the anti-authority, socks and drogs and rock and roll portrayed. Of course, we are no longer impressionable, and can enjoy anything we like, even if my poor parents disapprove. Heck, we're in our 40's now....

Anonymous said...

Yes but it's the responsibility of parents of young children to keep said young children away from inappropriate images and to provide a counter to them when they are encountered. < / soapbox >

Anonymous said...

You know cm, and I doubt you can watch this at work, the question with a band like Kittie is how much is put on for show, how much is living the disillusioned and angry rock life? How much of heavy metal is just a show for the fans? I think this is very entertaining. I wonder what other rocking female readers think, such as my various nieces and cousins, mer, celeste and chrissy?

Anonymous said...

It's all just a show for the fans. I mean, Alice Cooper plays golf. Golf!

Anonymous said...

I know. Alice Cooper is a numbskull, actually, in my mind. Good rockin' tunes back in the 70s, neo-conservative now. Sheesh! And those dudes from Kiss. Turns my stomach they are so commercial. I read an article in 'Rolling Stone' a couple of years ago about Slipknot. They sounded like very ordinary guys, with little ranch houses in middle Iowa, wives and kids. But, they have a successful image in certain corners, and it sells. Speaking of Slipknot, their music is, well, not as far over the creepy edge as their videos. Those are creepy. The music is OK. I am putting up a really sweet and orchestral sounding band Wednesday, but they have a spooky video. Funny how that happens.

Anonymous said...

Aha! I thought the name sounded familiar. I'd wiki'd slipknot because I saw a lot of their shirts at Family Values; turns out some of them were there as Stonesour.

Anonymous said...

Phew. And then I watched the video for Kittie's 'Charlotte'....
not sure what they have in mind there....

Anonymous said...

Angels wear sneakers. Who knew?

A very thought-provoking video.