Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Coral Sea

Tunes o’ the day Sept 13 2006
Let’s try The Coral Sea. I know very little about these guys, but wanted to put up something sweet sounding after yesterday’s boisterous noise. My wife MER is gonna like this stuff. My cousin Christina von R likes The Verve and The Killers, so I wonder what she thinks of this, and Thursday’s music too. (this same cousin is due to arrive here later to today to mess with clay) I think even my mother would like these guys. The website has nice music selections, but is not very helpful--they obviously have a female lead singer, but where is she? The video is of a fab fab fab tune, on the radio here all the time, and it sounds like it is featured on TV too, but the images themselves are a little spooky.

http://www.thecoralsea.net/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enZVhfwWHoQ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously? Are you sure?

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, sounds that way to me. I remember my surprise when Sting's 'Desert Rose' came out, when I heard that Cheb Mami (sp?) his Egyptian friend and vocalist was a MAN. But in this case, do they have a woman in the closet somewhere, and let her out to sing twice a year? Maybe she is too shy to be pictured.
But, celeste, cm, anybody, whaddya think of these sweet tunes? Thursday, not sweet tunes, energetic instead.

Anonymous said...

I listened before leaving for work this morning and I was humming it on my way to the car.

Anonymous said...

Totally appealing music, and the nice sampler on the website makes a person want more.

Anonymous said...

They keep their vocalist in a CLOSET? This is how nasty rumors get started.