Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sonic Youth: Bull in the Heather

Fantastic. New York Magazine's year end issue expressed (as I did) extreme dissappointment with The Killers new album, and named Sonic Youth their number one album and band. Punk rockers moving gently into their mid-fifties. Typical Sonic Youth video here, low budget, I think Kim Gordon's (and her husband's, one of the guys in the band)daughter Coco is the dancing teenager here in 'Bull in the Heather'. cm and celeste, you MUST check this out.
Oooogh. Dreams. Dreamt I had a serious kidney disease (my sister dreamt last month I did too) and I was totally weak and wasting away....
OK, let's try happy little daydreams of frolicsome unicorns in a grassy spring meadow......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

celeste may be a rebel, but I always do as I'm told. :-) (Thurston Moore is her husband. Just sayin'.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Thurston, that's it. This band is so appealing. A punk rock family, as it were. How do you describe Kim Gordon's singing voice, a whisper and a purr together?