Sunday, January 14, 2007

cheap new marketing model: ETSY???

(Etsy, the artist's ebay?)
So, was reading a magazine article yesterday where the reader is assumed to be an arts buyer and it asks 'tired of schlepping around to craft fairs looking for nice home decorations? Go to Etsy!'. I have to tell you, I have done hundreds of craft fairs, the getting up at 3 am, the carrying boxes and setup, the sore back, the potential rain and wind and snow or blistering sun, and of course you have to pay for your booth upfront, hundreds of dollars no matter what the weather and sales are like.....sure, I like the idea of selling from home, therefore this blog.
Etsy makes it easy. I am looking into this. They let you set up an online store for free, which I can link to here, then listings are 20 cents and they take a little percentage of your sale. The search works easily for customer browsing. Have a look at these two rather nice examples:
Palouse Creek Pottery
and Deb Babcock.

No comments: