Wednesday, January 10, 2007

dragon goblets, steins



Fiddling around here. The dragon at the bottom of the goblet took nearly forever and seemed awfully complicated. Not sure what I think of him. Then I worked on the stein handle--more simple, which I am accustomed to, and since I didn't like the unfriendly aspect of fangs, he has human style teeth--I am very pleased. Now, make more, as soon as my hands warm up. Today is a very rare January day, as it is actually very cold, windy and snowy. A walk with the dogs along the river just now was frightfully cold. We looked down at all the mallard ducks, who appear a bit cold now. They seem to sit as couples in the shallow eddies at the river's edge, acting stoic. Doubt I would like to put my feet and my bottom in the river today.
Of course, back to tropical warmth tomorrow...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Gary. There's no snow here, but it's suddenly cold as well: -11 overnight, only -7 now. Of course, this would all be a walk in the park if we were having a normal winter.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gordo.
I fill the bowl with hot water, but before long my hands are frozen! yes yes yes, the studio is heated, but water cools quickly, ad I have the blower sucking all the warm out because of the kiln. Soon it becomes the reverse: because the kiln is hot, everything else is too.

Anonymous said...

i prefer fangs. by then again, i'm a traditionalist.

Anonymous said...

I'm with denis, but you could have all kinds fo fun with teeth of various sorts.

Anonymous said...

You know, I see your point. These are complex questions,worthy of much deliberation.