Friday, January 19, 2007

lights camera action


Basically, I am a recluse, and I like it that way. Perhaps fame is calling? Well, if not fame, exposure. I read recently that the number one ambition of 80 percent of our youth in America want to be famous, on TV. Weeeelllll...so earlier in the week I was asked to donate to an art auction on TV. When the station came to the gallery and got the teapot I entered along with the artwork of four of my friends, they said 'HEY! We could put you five on TV! How about we schedule you for a half hour?' (for what, chatting about art??? for a half hour?????)
Well, uh, the first impulse is no, the second impulse is to go with my friends, but first visit a tavern before arriving at the studio....
(if this happens, it will be WSKG Binghamton, around late March, stay tuned)

8 comments:

Lynnea said...

Fame aside, you should go for it, just for the experience. Even if it sucks, you could always say, yeah I did that once. Besides, I doubt it would suck. Might be fun.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a large pot of coffee would loosen the tongue....

Anonymous said...

And someone needs to record it! And post it to YouTube. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gary, it's way easier to do something like this in a group instead of solo. Do it and have fun. Picture the orders rolling in. :-D

Anonymous said...

I was talking with these guys last night. Werner says no matter when, he plans to be out of town! Corinne and Don are totally outgoing and loving the idea, Alice is the number one at the coop and knows we must, and I, well, if it happens I shall go along. I want to turn it into a party if possible, the problem is:what if they schedule us for 2 am???????? (IF they schedule us)

Anonymous said...

You go with it whenever, Gary. Above all, have fun. :-D

Anonymous said...

gary, the camera will love you. go for it!

Anonymous said...

OOO.. Stage.,.. cameras! and ya know bud.. worst case.. blame us! we can take it. =)

go for it.