Sunday, January 07, 2007

teapot competition, 2

Forgot to explain I made the wild little teapot down here for a competition. There is this gallery in Chicago that may be my favorite on earth, for the type of stuff they stock, and for years they have run a teapot competition, winners on display typically priced 125-3000 bucks. This is cool stuff, and the best part is they want FUN AND FUNKY, which some might say is all I do. I was not a winner two years ago when I entered, but this is a good entry think. The application is SOOOO 1980s: send a SASE to get an application, then submit SLIDES. Cripes, you know, the app could come in email, and the pics and completed app returned in email. I mean, you could do the whole thing in 5 minutes. Gawd, now I have to find SLIDE FILM then I have to find somebody who can develop it! Oh, then mail the whole mess in an envelope with stamps!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long live anachronism! Said the living example ... ;-)

Anonymous said...

congrats on keeping up with the times.