Friday, June 27, 2008

TIKI




(cheap, ripped off tiki, and Gary Rith's tiki mugs)
My pal David came over the other day. He remembered that a year ago I had made some tiki stuff (2 lower pictures) and that I had a classic tiki zombie mug from a garage sale (probably a restaurant before that) and so he told me a story and gave me the cup, top right:
Last summer having had several zombies he pocketed this cup and walked away with it. Despite the fact that he is a prominent local politician (I could link, but I bet he doesn't want me too!!!) and also an Eagle Scout. The cup rode around in his car all year before he remembered to give it to me. Just what I need, now I have a collection of 2!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

TIKI TIME!

Susan as Herself said...

Me love Tiki!!!

Chatty said...

Well, Tiki masks have always scared the stuffing out of Chatty, and yours is scarier than most! But beautifully scary ; ) Chatty is also afraid of clowns, btw. Don't you judge her! Oh, OK, go ahead. She knows how pathetic that is.
She loves "Spike in a Box" It reminds her of "Toot in Cleo's Bucket" - both of them ALMOST fit, and they look so uncomfortable, yet seem to be so happy...
Nice going with the kitten - you get to have the fun of a kitten for a couple of days, AND you get a nice six-pack. By the time the six pack is gone, with luck the kitten will also be gone. Home. And, congrats on the baseball tix. You have a nice wife. How far are you from Toronto? Chatty thinks it's rather cool that you are LEAVING THE COUNTRY to see a baseball game. Very suave. Have a nice weekend, Gary

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chatty and all, and we are about midway between Toronto and NY city. TO is maybe 4-5 hour drive? The last half, Buffalo onward, has a LOT of traffic.

Fortune Cookies said...

me likey the tiki

Gordo said...

My Rith-original tiki mug occupies a place of honour on my bar. :-)