Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pottery is s-e-x-y! Ghost, Demi and Patrick and a whole lotta wet clay

Here it is, the glamorous life of the potter: we are all good looking, buff, and romantic. Farmer's wife brought this up yesterday.
When I taught high school students pottery I would show them this clip on the first day of class. YES, they were pretty excited to get started.
Have I mentioned how I met my wife? She saw me working as a potter and....yes, it is true. Chicks dig potters. When I was in college, there was one or two other guys making pots and about 80 young women. I thought everybody went to college to make pots, listen to the Grateful Dead and, you know, all the rest. I have always been surprised that some people go to college to study accounting and engineering, but of course, it takes all kinds.
Later today, as requested, movie clips of me finishing plates and glazing too. And soon, teapot clips too, yippee!

8 comments:

Tracy Helgeson said...

I always enjoyed the continuity blooper in this scene. They are both really messy from the clay and then suddenly they are all cleaned up and closing the deal. I gotta think that cleaning up after a throwing session might kill the mood just a bit. Not in Hollywood, I guess!

gary rith said...

I am always covered in the stuff, actually. Real women find a clay covered man s-e-x-y.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

LOL!! Thanks!!! "You so totally ROCK!" [Or is that, clay? rock? clay? Maybe Kiln? Shape?] LOL!!!

Whoop! That clip has me set for the day!

[BBL, to look for more pottery'n'!]

Lucky Wifie!!! Hug the Pups!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I saw this clip. Can you believe it? I'd heard about this scence, but only saw the parody of it in one of the "Naked Gun" movies.
EH

Knight said...

It's true. Potters are hot. Interesting way to get the kids interested in the class. Did they all stick around for after school projects?

gary rith said...

I'll tell my wife that I am HOT, and students made little pipes to smoke something like catnip, I guess...

Latin Lupe Lu said...

Is she really doing that right? How much of a phallic symbol is THAT?

gary rith said...

plus all that wetness.....