Saturday, June 07, 2008

STILL a bachelor


(cow spoon rests by Gary Rith)
Missus Potsblog still on the road with her mother and aunt, so I continue holding down the fort and w-o-r-k-i-n-g. Without the wife around I could watch music videos and South Park episodes all night long if I wanted to. IF I wanted to. But mostly you notice the little things she does, like make the bed, which is a rats nest full of sleeping dogs and cats right now, and those dogs and cats sure miss her too. Pavlov's beagle, Penny, knows that the Missus usually comes home on the 5 o'clock bus past our house, and she goes bananas when she sees it. (dogs are pretty smart, aren't they? of all the buses all day, Penny goes nuts when she sees the 5 o'clock bus) Well, anyway, I spent the morning yesterday doing my usual lousy cleanup job on the house because my parents came over to mooch lunch off me. It was, if I may say, superb--BBQ veggie burgers, pasta salad and raspberry cake. It was also about 93-97 degrees yesterday depending where you looked, beastly hot.
Speaking of which, I need to fire a load of things today. Ugh. That will make the overheated house somewhat hotter...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have to fire up the kiln today, Gary. It's already 90% humidity here, according to our remote sensor. Supposed to be unspeakably hot today.

Going to a couple of yard sales in about an hour, then errands, then home to my wonderfully cool house. Which will stay cool, unless we have a power failure...ugh.

Lou said...

Now who's getting the good weather? I'm sitting here with the blow heater on under the desk to keep my feet warm. Poor us, why can't it be 'just right', lol

gary rith said...

Ireland is that cold???? Heck, it is sooooo hot and humid right now, 100 degrees expected one of these days.....

cm said...

Hey, I'm flying solo today, too. Wanna meet for lunch? hee

Anonymous said...

We just got home and are recovering in the cool of the house. I tell ya - I almost passed out when we were at the carpet store. I'm hypoglycemic, and the heat has a dramatic affect on me.

It's 93 degrees and humid as ----!

Reb said...

I love the spoon rests! Now if only I had some money. You need to get yourself an outdoor kiln for summertime!

Anonymous said...

oh my very cool! .. and me with a new stove and no spoon rest !

so many things to order from you dude!