Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my first job in eleven years???



(Sam and Jeremy show their stuff)
My poor students. First thing I tell them is that unless they object, they will be photographed and posted, as I do with anybody who wanders through my life.
In June of 1997 I retired from teaching and started making pots full-time, and I am lucky, pretty much if I make it I can sell it. BUT I was asked to teach non-credit pottery classes at Cornell's Potshop. My first employment since 1997, wow. Last night was the advanced class. Sam and Jeremy both have a ton of skills and experience, so it will be fine-tuning and moving ahead for them this summer.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, congratulations on your finally finding gainful employment! ;-) Any chance of us'ns getting to see some of your students' work? Just interested (and nosy, too!).

Anonymous said...

I think it would be fun to take a class from you. And um...non-credit would be right up my alley - that way you couldn't flunk me! LOL

gary rith said...

listen, they have LOADS of homework, believe me....

Anonymous said...

oh wow.. I so need to get back on a schedule - I am missing so much here!

way to go on being a teach again!

Lou said...

Ti Hee - did you wear a jacket with leather patches on the elbows? LOL

Anonymous said...

*Sigh*. I don't often see the back of my own head but every time I do, there's a little more skin showing.