Saturday, June 21, 2008

odds and ends


(vases, NOT odds and ends, by Gary Rith)
I work at the Spirit and Kitsch arts coop today and the next 2 Saturdays and decided to run a BIG SALE during that time: 5 bucks a pot or 5 pots for 20 bucks, for the odds and ends and seconds kicking around the studio gathering dust. These vases will not be in that sale, but many good things are.
In other news, I got a pedometer 2 days ago. I had read that people with pedometers walk at least a mile further a day than people who don't have pedometers, and the missus has had one for 2 years and she has fun with it. Many people aim for 10,000 steps a day, which is roughly 5 miles for most people. Day one I had 16,000 steps (at bedtime I was at 15,950 and you KNOW I had to walk around the hallway to raise the number before retiring) and day 2 I had 13,000 steps. My goal is 11,111 a day, but the dogs all want as many walks as possible and so I indulge them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny - I've been thinking of getting one of those items too! Gotta burn off all those meat products that have built up! ha!

Anonymous said...

i bought a pedometer years ago and when i couldn't figure it out in less than 30 seconds i put it back in the box. perhaps i should give it another try.

with your hugh sale i'm sure your stuff will be flying off the shelves.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, no! I have tears in my eyes from laughing at the thought of you having to march that extra 50 steps just to hit an even number before going to bed! Tlak about compulsive!

cm said...

I would have done the same. Sigh. I have one, too, but like Denis haven't been able to get it set up properly so it sits on the shelf collecting dust.

Anonymous said...

Um - perhaps I should have the guy in the store set it up for me??? ha!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous vases!!!!

I could not bring myself to that level of compulsivity, so I gave my lonely pedometer to my SIL when she was here at Christmastime. I will have to ask her if she figured out how to use it.

My cat wrote a blog post. Come check it out!

gary rith said...

I was lucky today, sold over 20 little pots, and why wouldn't I at those prices?
Almost 13,000 steps so far...

Reb said...

Those vases came out beautifully! I got a pedometer with cereal, I should see if it works. I hope I would not have to march around to get the number even before I retire though.

Lou said...

hmm, I want one of them now too. I can totally imagine you pacing around to get those few more steps. Lol.