Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


(Mister Pottersblog in disguise)
Back home after almost 500 miles round trip and almost ten hours driving (explained Monday am). A most beautiful day. I had my peanut butter sandwiches and coffee and Van Halen cd. There was a lot of Van Halen today.
It is gratifying to be a house husband and return to find that the wife in my absence forgot to have lunch and was in her pyjamas all day. The conclusion, of course, is 'I am needed!'. I got home in time to feed her dinner.
This cracked me up. Aside from the premium bottle of whiskey, my father's day gift was this brightly patterned, loud purple tie she found atop a trash can, with a cigarette burn on the back. It is remarkably intact and good looking and doesn't even smell. Her logic, of course, is that fathers get ties on father's day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go! Mrs. P!

And HAPPY FATHERS DAY! To all the Fathers, out there.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. P goes junking? What a great woman!
That is how I acquired my bird feeder. Superdad's ties have come from Value Village, Goodwill, or other such establishments. Like you, it is a rarity for him to wear one.

Tink said...

She found it on top of a trash can?! *Blink* Ahahaha! And you wore it!

gary rith said...

well, sure, you can see it is cool and I havn't worn a tie in years!

Unknown said...

Woweee! That is a tie to die for, or rescue from whatever fate it was about to undergo. Looks great to me. Just don't forget and use it as a napkin and expose the burn. Some might think you've taken up evil haibts!

Janet said...

That is quite a tie! Glad you have a good father's day :-)

Reb said...

That is a great tie!