Saturday, June 07, 2008

In which my whole family (nearly) is interviewed

Etsy contacted my nephew because they heard that he was member of a family with 3 generations of men on selling with them. There was an interview, featuring me and the rest of us, pictures and all. It begins:

"During our Virtual Labs office hours, Etsian abitabite tipped the Storque that a post about humbleglory, Rith, and donaldrith would make an interesting story about three generations of men on Etsy — ripe for our Dude's Perspective series. Turns out this family has even more relatives on Etsy than we'd thought:


My name is Gary Rith, my shop is Rith.etsy.com and I have been a full-time potter for eleven years. I live outside of Ithaca, NY with my studio, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 wife. My father Donald Rith aka donaldrith is a watercolorist who lives an hour away and my nephew is Ben Rith-Najarian aka humbleglory, who is an alchemist (etc). Ben's mother aka riversedge, Ben's sister aka leslierrn, and Ben's other aunt aka janetexcat are all also Etsy artists."

and it goes on and on with quotes from all of us....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was interesting. I really enjoyed reading the article.

gary rith said...

oh thank you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really all are a creative bunch!
Thanks for the peek! ;)

Anonymous said...

this was an extremely interesting post! what a cool family!

gary rith said...

some people might say we have our merits

Reb said...

You have a very talented family Gary! Great interviews and some really neat stuff.

Gordo said...

Very cool, Gary. It's not every day that someone's father calls them "expert" at something. :-D

Werner Sun said...

Congrats on the interview! What a great way to get exposure! I had no idea your whole family is artistic.

Newt said...

That is cool as all heck!