Thursday, June 12, 2008

another reason to get up in the morning




(tea or coffee pot by Gary Rith)
This froggy thing turned out pretty well, too.
In other news, cooking up a glaze experiment I mentioned yesterday, jade, the first test looks a lot like this glaze I already have, pictured here (turtle celadon). Except where it is super thick, then it is a pretty turquoise/jade color. If I experiment with it further, I need to realize it goes on impossibly thick, or maybe needs some other ingredients. More on this tomorrow.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, Gary - aren't you glad you have the 'light box'!

Off to work - too bad it's so beautiful out, I could get alot done outside today! ha!

Gordo said...

The froggy feet are a very nice touch. :-)

Anonymous said...

The froggy feet are wonderful, and the frog on top looks like he is begging you to help yourself to some coffee! Too cute. ;)

Lynnea said...

That color! It's gorgeous.

Man I love green.

Mona Buonanotte said...

I loves them frogs! I pulled out my bottle of white wine the other day that is currently topped with your froggy wine stopper, and thought fondly of you.

That green? Amazing!

Anonymous said...

FROGGY!

Unknown said...

Oh, ribbit, ribbit, ribbit!!!!
And, yes! A really wonderful shade of green.

Newt said...

That is a really good shade of green. And the froggy feet are the best!

cm said...

I'd say turtle celadon requires a turtle. Or vice versa.

Reb said...

Oh, I love it! Well, now that I have my Christmas list all set....

That is a great green Gary.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! :)

well done ol bean!

Susan as Herself said...

OOOHHH. I do love that green color!