Tuesday, October 17, 2006

monkeying around

Here it is 8 am and I really need to get the stuff down there glazed and firing, but with the nice comments earlier, I felt I could show off a bit, besides, I am totally stoked on this hazelnut coffee--so potent! So energizing! So happy!
Anyway, I dusted off some pics here from summer 2005. The two teapots below are in the fairly ordinary category. As in, simple round teapots, with the animal used as a knob. There is a supplier in California that has cane handles from England and bamboo handles from Japan (or China?) and they are just soooo good looking. This guy above is the last monkey thing I made, for a special order in 2005. It is in the category of 'let's do everything to this teapot we can think of': whack the bottom, slice the sides, slice the lid here and there, and then fit some monkeys on there too.'
The Spirit and Kitsch Cooperative Art Garage has been invited (there are about 30 of us) to a special exhibit at Smart Monkey Cafe. I am doing monkey things this week in preparation, and will post that stuff later. There will be bananas too, I think. Special exhibits are fun because you are challenged to make something....different?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because someone has to say it...monkey see, monkey do.