Sunday, October 15, 2006

fat slug



Elephants make a good theme today. Heidi had her birthday, a monster ice cream cake was served, on top of a huge cheezy calzone. My dreams were lost last night in a cloud of fat creaminess.

Was it Lucia yesterday who mentioned parades of pachyderms and then my niece, sister, and dad were over asking about elephant pieces? I have probably shown this picture before, but it is a good teaset with an elephant teapot, missing only the creamer/pitcher you see below, from Friday. You can also see on the left the second type of elephant cup, squared, with the face and ears below and the trunk curving up. I started making those last year when a customer told me the other type, trunk down, was bad luck, good luck comes from elephants shown trunk up. I knew that custom, and I thought the customer was a rude idiot, but it got me thinking, and voila.

So, long before music videos, we had movie clips, like this sweet clip from the Beatles.

2 comments:

Lucia said...

These are dee-light-full! How very fun.

Anonymous said...

This from a person who may have seen the real thing last month! Thank you.