Monday, October 16, 2006

and finally...

Well, you may read this starting here, but this is my last post for the early am.
So, last Friday I was playing store at the art garage coopertative I belong to, Spirit and Kitsch, and man, I can really ruin a machine. The cash register is simple enough, I guess, but I don't get out much, and let's just say that I created miles of hand voided tape, there were beeps, there was confusion, and I can't say I was calm. Move to last night: anxiety dreams of trying to ring up sales on the cash register, and there are mad beeps and irate customers....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First the windows, now the cash register. These people really are risking it all with you, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I know. I am trouble. That is why I am usually kept locked up in the studio.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I can give a couple of real examples. I charged 45 cents for a 45 dollar picture, and ended adding the whole thing on a scrap of paper I was so lost, then there was a multiple item purchase that took 4 tries to correctly add...I mean, why do people think cashier work is menial, that anybody can do it? Seems like hazardous duty to me.