Thursday, October 12, 2006

the good, the bad, and the ugly



OK, I had an email from Jessie asking about the roof. Jessie was correct in noting the rather heavy rains that fell yesterday and today, and our old and porous garage roof. My tar patches held up nicely, thank you very much.
More importantly, let's talk about being an experimental potter. I mentioned earlier I was working on some new things and would post pics later. It is later. You have the before and after here. Nice vases, freshly made on Wednesday because I said 'what if I chopped here, and whacked there?' The guy on the left was pushed too far and fell apart (!!!) and the guy on the right was sliced and diced, and held together fine, but looked UGLY. Final result, scrap pile, where ugly pots and trimmings go to die and live another day as a bowl or something....
Got a VERY HUGELY HUGELY SUCCESSFUL experiment to post tomorrow morning, tune in then folks.

No comments: