Friday, October 13, 2006

Irish coffee redux



There has been talk here of Irish coffee mugs. I made a rather wild one last month, and it was pictured, but there was something a little too ???? about it. Well, I was shopping for Heidi's birthday on Wednesday, and had a petit AHA! moment. I saw a pair of Irish coffee cups, and they were only medium /small in size, and they were wicked cute--the proportions of body and base to whole were perfect. I could see my mistake last month: I had made a full size mug and put it on a base, and the overall thing is just over-huge. So, I came home, threw a much smaller base and body, and as you can see, the finished little guy is perfecto! (he still needs his pig or dog on the handle)I have a bunch of different Irish coffee mugs around here that I have made, and when these boys get out of the kiln, we can do a comparison.

No comments: