Friday, October 20, 2006

feverish dreams, no fever


Dreamt of a strange magnetic cult leader out to control the local pottery market....
Thursday: hot, sunny, golden, finally my head fog lifts, but dang, I was restless. After making a monster batch of monkeys, frogs-pigs-dogs (my formula for success, those 3), cleaning the house, I was fresh out of inspiration, but life is just a chair of bowlies, therefore, I threw a rack of bowls. Nothing easier to make, sell, and fill the kiln with. Potters don’t get potter’s block, like writers, they just make bowls when they would rather be out in the golden fall sun eating popcorn.

OK I am boycotting Radiohead week still, so let’s check out The Catherine Wheel. Good news: great tune; bad news: stupid video!
Then watch them looking wicked good with their guest Tanya Donnelly here, live, ‘Judy Staring at the Sun’

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another blast from the past.

Nice bowls. :-)

Anonymous said...

So what are these muscians doing now, selling insurance?

Anonymous said...

Well, last I heard Dave Hawes was living in Ashtabula, OH.

Anonymous said...

Aha! So, what would life feel like after rock and roll stardom, then middle age in the sticks somewhere?