Wednesday, October 25, 2006

what the heck is this? a one hundred dollar pot

I was muttering some nonsense the other day about caffeine, architecture and zebras. Really! So, phase one: pot and lid, which will have little knobs below for feet, columns on the side after I whack the pot, and a zebra on top of the lid.
I plan to make the zebra as usual, with dampish-firm clay, and then carve details in it as it dries, which I can imagine doing, but havn't done before. Making it up as I go, you see. I have made pots with lids and columns too, but not together. This whole thing is going to take a lot of time. So, on the one hand you have your mugs and cereal bowls at an everyday price, then you have my NEW PREMIUM line of pots/sculptures, which will cost you dearly, oh yes.

4 comments:

Susan as Herself said...

Oooh, these pots are the Four Seasons of pottery. Good luck!

gary rith said...

The BMW, the McMansion, the Trump Towers, if you will. I dream of fiddling with certain items for some time, making them wild and weird, and then charging big bucks to people who need dustcatchers.

Lucia said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that zebra.

gary rith said...

Oh man, should have kept my mouth shut! Oy! The expectations!