Thursday, October 19, 2006

Work by GR

OK, remember, you people see this stuff backwards, so I posted first this am about our KC guest potter, below, now some of my own pots.
Irish coffee cups don't have to contain coffee or whiskey, but they represent basically a cup on a pedestal. 'What's the use?', you say. Well, a little cup on a pedestal removes the hot liquid above the table, therefore you don't need a coaster or saucer under your hot cup, because the base won't get hot. (AHA! you say, because now you know) Last week, as I said, I had seen the perfect little Irish coffee cups--perfect because they were medium small. I made one last month that was whopping huge, and looked a little strange. Anyway, I came home and made a bunch of little guys, just out of the kiln now. The pedestal gives you decorative possibilities: the little pig has this cool little spot on the bottom to sit comfortably, out of the way, or as usual, up on the handle. I also decided to swirl the glazes all around in stripes. OK, more on Irish Coffee cups later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again I say, skip the coffee and just have the whisky. I do love the pigs hanging out at the bottom. Standing guard? Loitering? Hard to say.

Anonymous said...

Depends on the time of day, cm,for beverage choice. and Mrs Pottersblog calls them pig detectives, as in, hanging out on the corner, watching for...

Lucia said...

Don't the pig detectives at the top give you a little smooch on the cheek when you sip?

Anonymous said...

Now I'm singing.

Anonymous said...

Lucia, you have it exactly. A person is never alone when they have my pots around the house.

Anonymous said...

a couple of these pigs are quite seductive...a la marilyn monroe.

Anonymous said...

Denis, you have been missed. Gotta talk to you later.....